SUMMER ARTS ACADEMY
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Summer Arts Academy is a series of one week classes that will provide a creative and innovative stepping stone for artistically inclined Oklahoma middle school students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades in a variety of visual art disciplines. Students must be in grades 6-8 during the 2014-15 school year.
Classes will be held at the Hardesty Arts Center in the middle of downtown Tulsa’s Brady Arts District. Fondly referred to as AHHA, the Hardesty Arts Center provides state-of-the-art equipment and facilities while just a few steps from the doors of surrounding galleries and museums.
Summer Arts Academy at AHHA provides comprehensive instruction with the goal of visual arts immersion during each session. Small class sizes allow professional teaching artists to provide individual guidance and inspire confidence, as well as to help students explore technique and analyze artwork. Students will leave with new friends, a fun experience, and new skills to propel them forward in their own artistic pursuits.
VISUAL ART DISCIPLINES
- Digital and Traditional Photography
- Film / Video
All sessions are from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Students should plan to bring a sack lunch.
Session 1: June 8 – 12, 2015
Session 2: June 15 – 19, 2015
Session 3: July 6-10, 2015
Session 4: July 13-17, 2015
TUITION & FEES
$250 per student for each session.
$200 per student for each additional session.
- Enroll for one week of Summer Arts Academy and receive a $50 discount per additional session purchased (per student).
- Summer Arts Academy families receive a one-time 20% discount on one (1) AHHA Membership at the Dual / Family level or higher. Click here for more information on AHHA Membership.
- Application acceptance depends upon committee review and availability of scholarship funds.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: May 17
Donations are currently being accepted for the Summer Arts Academy scholarship fund. Click here for more information.