SUMMER ARTS ACADEMY
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Summer Arts Academy is a series of one week classes that will provide a creative and innovative stepping stone for artistically inclined Oklahoma middle school students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades in a variety of visual art disciplines. Students must be in grades 6-8 during the 2015-16 school year.
Classes will be held at the Hardesty Arts Center in the middle of downtown Tulsa’s Brady Arts District. Fondly referred to as AHHA, the Hardesty Arts Center provides state-of-the-art equipment and facilities while just a few steps from the doors of surrounding galleries and museums.
Summer Arts Academy at AHHA provides comprehensive instruction with the goal of visual arts immersion during each session. Small class sizes allow professional teaching artists to provide individual guidance and inspire confidence, as well as to help students explore technique and analyze artwork. Students will leave with new friends, a fun experience, and new skills to propel them forward in their own artistic pursuits.
Each session is Monday through Friday
from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Session 1: June 6-10
Session 2: June 13-17
Session 3: June 20-24
Session 4: July 11-15
Session 5: July 18-22
Session 6: July 25-29
Darkroom & Digital Photography
Film / Video
Fashion / Sewing
*In partnership with Tulsa Glassblowing School.
Additional fees may apply.
TUITION & FEES
$250 per student for each session.
$200 per student for each additional session.
- Enroll for one week of Summer Arts Academy and receive a $50 discount per additional session purchased (per student).
- Summer Arts Academy families receive a one-time 20% discount on one (1) AHHA Membership at the Dual / Family level or higher. Click here for more information on AHHA Membership.
- Free access to AHHA’s darkroom Open Studio Hours for teens enrolled in photography sessions.
$200 Early Bird Enrollment Special – March 1 – April 30
- Enroll for Summer Arts Academy between March 1 through April 30 for $200 per student per 1-week session.
- Register for a second session for an additional $200.
Regular Tuition: $250 per session
- Begins May 1
- $250 for per student for each session
- $200 per student for each additional session
- Additional fees may apply to Glass Art sessions.
- Application acceptance depends upon committee review and availability of scholarship funds.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: May 22, 2016
Donations are currently being accepted for the Summer Arts Academy scholarship fund. Click here for more information.