- January 13, 2017 – Call opens.
- March 3, 2017 – Call ends.
- Week of April 3, 2017 – Artists notified.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or call 918.584.3333.
HOW TO USE CaFE
- Visit www.callforentry.org and register for a free account with username and password.
- Login and upload work samples into your CaFE Portfolio. When your work samples are uploaded, they will be available for you to include in your applications. You may add more as needed. The descriptions you add here will automatically be uploaded when an image sample is included in the application.
- With a CaFE profile and work samples in your portfolio, you are ready to apply! You can either search for “AHCT” or directly access our call by clicking here.
- Answer the required questions and attach samples of your work from your CaFE portfolio.
The Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa Hardesty Arts Center announces a call to artists and curators for the 2018 exhibition calendar. We seek to promote local, regional, and international contemporary artists and curators at all stages of their careers through meaningful gallery exhibitions, and diverse educational programs.
Through the Exhibitions Program, local and visiting artists and curators engage audiences in creating meaningful arts experiences, which assist in promoting the Council’s objective to cultivate a more creative Tulsa through advocacy, education, and innovative partnerships, which contribute to the quality of life and economic vitality of the greater community. Hosting an ever-changing series of exhibitions by organizations, collectives, and individuals, AHCT has exhibited more than 40 exhibitions since opening December 2012, providing dynamic, and free arts experiences for thousands of patrons. Exhibitions are selected based upon Quality, Audience Appeal, Educational Value, and Suitability.
The Hardesty Arts Center is looking for exhibitions that exemplify themes important to the organization. Exhibition proposals for the 2018 exhibition year should represent at least one of the following key values: Self-Expression, Creativity, Education, Community, Collaboration, Diversity, or Inclusion.
The deadline for exhibition submissions is Friday, March 3, 2017. All submissions must be made online. Please review eligibility, requirements, and submission guidelines below. Online submissions are found here.
Individual artists, curators, organizations, and collectives working in all media are encouraged to submit exhibition proposals for AHCT’s 2018 exhibition schedule. Artists and curators must be at least 18 years of age. Artwork created in the last two years, and not previously exhibited in the Tulsa area is strongly encouraged. Selected works of art must come prepared for installation, and AHCT may refuse works not appropriately prepared. Artists are responsible for funding the creation of the work and covering costs associated with shipping, handling, delivery, and pick-up of the work. AHCT will supply gallery space, and installation and program assistance. Artists selected to exhibit will be subject to the conditions outlined in AHCT’s Content Policy. AHCT receives 30% commission on each gallery sale.
Artists and curators will be considered for honorarium and program fee payments; allowances are not promised or guaranteed.
Please read our installation guidelines to ensure your work of art is ready for installation and adheres to our content policy.
Each proposal must include:
01) An exhibition statement explaining the theme, concept, and how it will be achieved is required, along with a proposed exhibition title.
02) An artist or curator statement, biography, and resume highlighting art related activities and accomplishments are required for each artist, curator, organization, or collective submitting.
03) Each applicant must propose three program opportunities, with brief descriptions, that may coincide with the exhibition (i.e. workshops, lectures, artist talk, panel discussion, etc.). Define target audiences and age ranges for each proposed program.
04) 5 – 10 images with description. No more than 2 images of each work; the second image should be reserved for detail or alternative view. Image files must be JPEG format, no more than 5MB per image, and labeled with your last name, and artwork title. (Example: LASTNAME_TITLE.JPG). Image description should include your full name, the title of art, materials used in work, dimensions, and date of completion.
05) Film submissions should be labeled with your last name, and film title (Example: LASTNAME_TITLE.MOV), formatted as MOV or MP4, with a minimum size of 640 x 480, and a maximum of 100 MB. Include a brief written summary of the video including film title, director name, film length, and date of completion. The panel will watch up to 3 minutes of each work only, so indicate the start and stop times for review.
06) Proposals for site-specific installation work should include a detailed object list, sketches of proposed exhibition, and images of past, related artworks.
07) The submission must detail any required special equipment (i.e. projector, film screen, scissor lift, electricity, etc.). Consultation with gallery technician may be required prior to acceptance.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 918.584.3333.