Messages of Hope and Reconciliation
Ahha Tulsa is pleased to extend our building as a canvas for local Black artists to create temporary chalk murals centered around the theme: Message of Hope and Reconciliation.
Murals will be created monthly to coincide with First Fridays (weather permitting) – November 2020 – June 2021 (8 murals total).
- Provide an opportunity for Black artists to create highly-visible, temporary works of art in the Tulsa Arts District
- Use ahha Tulsa as a physical canvas to display uplifting messages of hope and reconciliation for the Tulsa Community to enjoy monthly between November 2020 and the centennial of the Tulsa Race Massacre in June of 2021
- A stipend of $1000 per mural will be paid to mural artists
- Artists will receive free admission (with a plus one) to visit ahha during the month when the artist’s mural is created
- Supplies of the artist’s choosing will be provided by ahha
- Ahha will professionally photograph murals to share with artists for their portfolios
- Photographs will be featured in a Chalk Mural Gallery on the ahha Tulsa website